THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) (EU)
At Sailawaze, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site, subscribers to our newsletter, magazine and discount club. Here you’ll find information on how we treat the data that we collect from visitors to our website, when a user subscribes to our newsletter.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
When someone visits our websites we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out information such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the sites. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our monthly newsletters and competitions, we collect various personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about destinations and activities you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses, unless you have specifically ticked the third party confirmation button upon signing up or entering a competition.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry-standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
We may share your personal information with other organisations, if you have confirmed for us to do so, with related and specific information to the nature of your initial engagement with our websites. For example, if you have entered a competition for a specific brand of swimwear, if you have confirmed you are happy for your data to potentially be shared with relevant partners, then your data may be shared with a partner in which the product may be of interest to yourself. If this is not something you would like to be signed up to, please do not feel obliged to tick the relevant box when entering a competition.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last amended on 6th March 2022 to include various additional references due to the GDPR legislation. This will be revised again when appropriate, to be in keeping with the latest legislation.
A. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
1. Your personal information is collected when you register on Sailawaze or fill in a form on our Website, or you send an email to Sailawaze. For example, in order to process a request or enquiry from you, advertise your property with us, enter a completion we are running we may need to know all or some of the following: your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your current location, and, in the case of a member’s listing, a method of payment. We may also gather information from cookies or [web beacons]. We may also collect IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, your location, navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the Website, properties you viewed, what you searched for, the duration of your visit, and other details of your activity on the Website. If you ask us to connect with other websites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook account) we may get information that way too.
2. We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it is provided and intended, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information. You may inform Sailawaze at any time if you wish us to cease using your personal information.
3. Sailawaze will occasionally collect information from you for the purpose of creating data that does not reveal your identity, and is not connected to any name, address or other personal identifying information. This will be used internally within Sailawaze to improve products and services we are providing to you.
4. There are links on Sailawaze to third party websites over which Sailawaze has no control. Sailawaze accepts no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites nor are we responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. Therefore, please read carefully any privacy policies on those websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those website.
B. STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Sailawaze has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information. These measures also cover accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and any information you transmit to us you do at your own risk.
2. Sailawaze will take steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area shall be protected to a standard compliant with European data protection laws.
3. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to provide you with the goods and/or services you have requested, or as is required by applicable law, and then we will delete it.
C. USER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
For the purposes of clarity, it remains each user’s responsibility:
1. To protect against unauthorised access to your use of the Website;
2. To ensure no one else uses the Website while the user’s machine is “logged on” to the Website (including by logging on to your machine through a mobile, Wi-Fi or share access connection you are using);
3. To log off or exit from the Website when not using it; and
4. Where relevant, to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network; and
5. To maintain good internet security. For example if your email account or Facebook account is compromised this could allow access to your account with us if you have given us those details and/or permitted access through those accounts. If your email account is compromised it could be used to ask us to reset a password and gain access to your account with us. You should keep all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts has been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. You should also tell us as soon as you can so that we can try to help you keep your account secure and if necessary warn anyone else who could be affected.
6. If you have asked us to share data with third party the Websites, however (such as Facebook) their servers may not be secure. Debit and/or credit card information is generally stored by our debit and/or credit card processing partners and we ask them to keep that data secure. Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the internet is not secure. As a result others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
D. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the services you requested and those that we believe will optimise your use of the Website.
2. Sailawaze holds and uses personal information for the purpose of (but not limited to) monitoring, developing and improving the Website; running competitions; providing you with information about Sailawaze, our business partners’ products and services (but only where you have provided your consent or not exercised your right to opt-out of receiving such communications); send out email alerts you have agreed to receive (but only where you have provided your consent or not exercised your right to opt-out of receiving such communications (as applicable)); processing and dealing with any complaints or enquiries made by you; dealing with your registration details.
1. We may disclose your personal information to partners of Sailawaze who supply services to you on behalf of Sailawaze and who need to process personal information to deliver these services. When you request goods and services from Sailawaze, you are consenting to the disclosure of your personal information to Sailawaze’s partners who may provide such goods and services. Sailawaze will not disclose any of your personal information to any other third parties without your express consent.
2. The views of our partners are not necessarily the views or responsibility of Sailawaze.
3. We may disclose depersonalised data, such as Website statistics, about the users of Sailawaze in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other the Website information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes. These statistics will no identify personal identity or information.
4. We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request.
F. PHISHING OR FALSE EMAILS
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or one of our members that requests personal information (such as your debit / credit card, login, or password),or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a “phisher” or “spoofer.” We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
G. AGE RESTRICTIONS
1. If you are aged 16 or under, you must seek the permission of your parent/guardian before providing personal information to the Website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information and if we are made aware of this breach, we will take steps to remove this information from our records. This may require us to access your data to verify your age and other relevant details.
H. CONTACTING US